Water. Are you drinking enough? Why is it SO important? What exactly does it do for me? Well, here are a few things I’ve learned that I’d like to share with you…
- Composes 75% of our brain, 83% of our blood, and 22% of our bones
- Helps convert food into energy
- Regulates body temperature
- Removes waste and toxins
- Helps our body absorb nutrients
- Moistens oxygen for breathing
- Cushions our joints
- Helps carry nutrients and oxygen to our cells
- Improves productivity at work (wait, what???)
- Natural remedy for a headache
- Reduces the risk of cancer
- Improves our performance during exercise
- Makes us look younger and healthier!
Ok, if that last one isn’t reason enough, I don’t know what is! So how do we gauge if we are getting enough? I like to use the bodyweight guideline; drink half your body weight in ounces of water each day. So for example, if you weigh 150 pounds, it is recommended to drink 75 ounces of water each and every day! At first this may sound like a lot, but trust me, it gets easier! So today, instead of reaching for that can of juice or soda, pour yourself a tall glass of water! Your body needs it.
About five years ago, my husband and I agreed to do this 30-day detox thing. As much as I hated the restrictions (no sugar, no gluten, no fun!), I really enjoyed how much better I felt at the end of those 30 looooong days. My biggest take-away was learning just how important fruits and vegetables are for our daily nutritional needs. My mom always wanted me to eat my vegetables, but I didn’t really know WHY. Here are some of the things I learned about the benefits of having a high daily intake of fruits & veggies…
- Keep skin, teeth, and bones healthy
- Protect against certain cancers
- Help blood clot properly
- Reduce risk of heart disease, including heart attack and stroke
- Help body form red blood cells
- Have a positive effect upon blood sugar
- Increase night vision
But I also learned it was quite difficult to eat all the different colors of the fruit & veggie rainbow in a day, aaaaaand it would probably require a Bill Gates-sized bank account. However, we were introduced to this green powder we could add to cold water as a dietary supplement. So I started adding green powder to my water about three years before I was ever introduced to It Works! Global. Imagine my joy when I found out I could get our GREENS™ for half the cost! Added benefit; ours is non-GMO! Added-added benefit; ours comes in orange & berry flavors!! Added-added-added benefit, ours also offers probiotic support for digestive health!!!
There are 8 servings of fruits and vegetables, plus 38 nutrient-rich superfoods in every serving of our GREENS™. As a Loyal Customer, you can get our GREENS™ for about $1/day, or it retails for about $2/day!
For more information about our GREENS™, or to order visit westcoastbodywraps.com today! And remember, once a Loyal Customer, always a Loyal Customer!